Friday, February 13, 2009

Road to Model.....


I had a casting with Steven Gomillion and Dennis Leupold from GNL Studios last night. This was my first casting, so I was a lil nervous. I actually walked in with Dennis, which was good because I was definitely walking in the wrong direction before he stopped me and said, “the casting is down here”. Inside it was crazy......everyone was in there with their big portfolios and shit. Some of them knew each other from their agencies. Can't front it was a lil intimidating, but you gotta keep your confidence. Shit, we all filled out the same dam paper. After wiping the massive beads of sweat surrounding my head and face it was my turn. I hand the girl my book and inform her that I'm just 2 months in. She smiles and I walk up to Dennis who is doing the shooting. I stand in front of the white backdrop holding my paper up and he takes 2 shots then tells me to turn to the side and takes a couple more. He then asks me to smile.…..the first one was too pretentious and he asks me to take another. I give him a more authentic one and he agrees saying “that’s more like it”. And that's it. Steven, the other photographer was going over my book and he commented on of the pics before handing it back to me. I proceed to grab my things, throw my readers on, put my on my headphones, thank everyone, and head out the door. But as I’m walking out, Dennis stops me and asks can he shoot me as is. I figured hell yea, especially since I didn’t know what kind of impression I left on them. I'm guessing it was the readers….lol, but we take a few more shots, I thank them again and proceed to head out the door, but before I leave the young lady there says I remind her of someone but she doesn’t know who. No problem to me I was saying to myself. Shit any publicity in there was good publicity to me.

In all, it was a good experience. I definitely look forward to more. Hopefully I’ll be a lot cooler and wont be sweating like crazy….naw….anyone who knows me, knows I’m a sweater…lol. I can’t help it….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU LOOK SOOOOO GOOD!!!