Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hey Mr. KRS......


Let me start with this…….I am in no way coming at KRS and what he has done for Hip Hop. He has the utmost respect from me and will always, but after viewing this video and hearing his words…over 9 mins worth. I’ve heard enough to form an opinion and this is my dam blog. I’m not really into the disclaimer shit, because I feel it takes away from true shit, but I do understand the magnitude in which a lot of people view this man. And with that said……here’s the video and my words will follow….





I’m not gonna speak on the freestyle. I’m only sticking to the words from KRS off-stage. I understand sometimes you have to use words just to rhyme. That is not the case with just speaking….

First of all, for any black man to have anything negative to say outside of a personal experience with Barack Obama, you got to be out of your fucking mind. It’s the same guys who preach that we need black leaders for today and then when they’re not the ones picked as the leader, they have all of this negative shit to say. I remember Jesse’s on air antics, calling Barack an “Uncle Tom” and then gonna cry like a baby when he’s elected. KRS you’re not too far from the tree. You’re against Barack because he is a politician….WTF. How else do you become President of The United States? Saying a politician is a politician. That’s the same attitude that has kept racist fuckers saying a black man is black man. You can’t just keep fighting just to fight. There has been battles and will continue to be battles, but you must also recognize when and how to fight. KRS, you bring up issues of the past. A man today cannot win a lost battle yesterday. I don’t care who you are. These are times of NOW. I’ve witnessed HUMANS embrace Barack and EACHOTHER. You speak of Martin Luther King, but this is his dream. Martin didn’t say he wanted equality for just black people. He said he wanted equality for all mankind. This is a man who is for the people, and as you said, if Barack is truly for the people there will be opposition. KRS-ONE you are the opposition. Don’t tell me you never voted before, but you voted in this election so that you can critique. You waited for a black man to become a Presidential nominee to exercise your right to critique? What is your purpose? You’re so stuck in yesterday’s article; you can’t see the headlines of today. You don’t get into emotional politics. This is what we need in politicians….some dam emotions! When Barack speaks, we feel him. Last week I was at my man Oun-P’s crib…..shout out to Oun and we got into a conversation on how Barack gives us the confidence and belief that we could really achieve whatever the fuck we want……WHATEVER THE FUCK WE WANT! And we were just 6-10 young black men in one room in a South Bronx apartment. Now think about all the other young black men that feel the same way we do. Now think about all the other young black women who feel the same way. Now think about all the young people across the globe that feel the same way we do. You dam right there’s a revolution brewing. In fact there’s a few of them. I’m a part of Generation Art.er. And wait…..my moms got Barack hanging up on her wall. I watched a grandfather take his granddaughter to the inauguration and couldn’t hold back the tears because seeing a dream unfold was just too dam emotional. Think about the ones who endured growing up during the Martin days and then had to turn around and raise families with beliefs of a change is gonna come. Think about how they feel. You saw the footage of cheering humans across the globe when Barack got elected. Think about how they feel. Think about how we all feel and then reconsider your stance. KRS you are a great soldier and we truly need strength like you, but come join us in our battle of today. You want political prisoners free….lets do it then. You want to put an end to police brutality….lets do it then. Barack is one man, but we are many. And he gave us something great that we carry with us everyday of our lives……..YES WE CAN…..

3 comments:

M.A.S.E said...

what i posted is what me and Kaa was talking about inauguration night.....dont get me wrong im happy hes in its inspiring and all that but we cant forget who we are dealing with and if these niggas can kil Kennedy Martin Malcolm and all that why they cant give us a robot?

Ibe said...

Dope read. I think you're dead on about his inspirational aspect as a human being.

Most people who even talk bad at this moment can't even name 3 laws passed by Bush or any other president but are quick to bash the next man's legitimacy.

As a human being, he will inspire. As a president, we'll talk about it in 4 years. I do have some misgivings about him, but I am willing to give him a shot.

-i-

Anonymous said...

This whole situation is bigger and deeper than race and Obama. He did forgo big bucks to work in public housing but he also voted for the 2007 global poverty act. Google it dont take my word for it. This black man raised more money than his democrate and republican counter-parts combined. He owes some favors. The US is a corporation not a country. Google that too. Corporations have their best interest in mind and not necessarily the employees. (the people)The drama is coming to the US because of Karma not Obama or whoever else fills that position. The face of imperialism is now black. I guess it is better to get the high, hard one from someone who looks like you. Stockholm syndrome. Google that too.