Wednesday, October 28, 2009

My Friend......




I watched this old man leave his wife. You could tell it was one of those married over 40 years type of ordeals.  I don't know what happened.  I mean....at that point what's the point of leaving?  Seeing her withered face rise above tears was one of the most sadden sights I ever witnessed.  All she kept saying was why......why…...why.  He didn't utter a word except for excuse me as he went back inside the apartment to retrieve another suitcase.  Not knowing the full story, I felt it didn't matter.  She did not deserve this heartache.  She survived this crazy world to get where she's at to only experience what many half her age go through.  He was not dying,no....he was killing her, walking out of her life.  She removed her glasses as she couldn't control the tears any longer.  I wanted to do something but what?  Should I try and stop him?  Should I just hand her a tissue and mind my business?  The bible says we are all God's children, so I looked at her as my sister.  And as he walked through those apartment building doors and she collapsed to the floor, I ran to help her up.  I gave her that tissue and told her.....you don't need a man in your life....you need a friend.  Hi my name is Taurean.  She wiped some tears away and responded Claudette, nice to meet you.

Claudette and I have been friends for quite some time now.  I often visit her and we even attend church service together here and there.  Ill never forget the day I met Claudette, but our many days after that day are what's most dear to me.  I have found a great friend in a loving sister.....bless the Lord.