Monday, November 3, 2008

Boys........and.......Girls........


My homegurl Patrice hipped me to the newly fresh blog Boys And Clothes . I’m definitely feeling the concept....life lessons for boys taught by girls is the mantra. And since I’m always interested in what crazy ideas the opposite sex comes up with, I’ll be checking in on the regular...lol.

Here’s a posting that caught my attention though. It’s titled “He Says, She Says”. It’s basically an interesting question posed by a guy that the ladies of B+C then answer. In this “He Says, She....” the guy expresses his urge to approach females in public, but is apprehensive due to not knowing how the ladies truly feel on the subject. One of the ladies answers by saying she does not want any guy, nice or not to approach her. She just isn’t into being “romantically approached by a stranger”. She continues, “How do I know this isn’t your only nice outfit?” Wow...!!!!? And “How do I know you aren’t some disgusting serial “bitch-bagger”?” Now I can agree with you wondering if I am a serial bitch-bagger....lol, but what if this is my only nice outfit? Shit we are in a recession! The second female response was a lil more constructive. She says if she displays a sign (IE. A smile, glancing, or even a stare), then it’s a go. But if your looks aren’t returned then KEEP AWAY!

I find this interesting because I can relate to Sport (the male subject who posed the question). You know females get approached and hounded all day by guys and even females too! Where does my approach lye in her day’s long list? Did homeboy on the train ruin it for the rest of us? I see her looking back, but you know how females are....? Dam she is gorgeous, but she probably got a man already. All of these thoughts run through our head, and for the decent guy, it just isn’t worth the disappointment, embarrassment, etc so we just don’t say anything. Now I know there are females out there who are like “Well just say something or how am I supposed to know if you don’t speak up?” But love it isn’t that easy. So females help us out a lil. We know you get harassed day in and day out, and we don’t want to be a part of that bombardment. But we just can’t let you go either. When I’m checking you out, I’m not thinking about laying you down. I’m looking at how you take care of yourself, so when we stand next to each other we compliment each other. And I only moved closer because your scent is intoxicating and I couldn’t help myself. I’m not an asshole nor a serial bitch-bagger. I’m a good dude who would love to have a good girl and being on this train or park or store or anywhere else has anything to do with it.

Is this just me? Share your piece!

1 comment:

Teneille said...

Awww tito! Dont mind me, I'm just a big mouth, LOL! But, see you know Patrice my kid sister so there would be the "reference". The world is smaller than you might imagine so when you see that beautiful young lady, you'd be surprised at just how many mutual friends you have in common (ie. The Six Degrees of Seperation). From when weighing both perspectives (both mine and Cece's), peep the lesson. Alot of us girls are TIRED of being hit on ALL THE TIME. Our boobies grew a long time ago, we've been getting hollered at for years. Be gentle, we're annoyed and agitated and have heard it all. Follow our lead and you'll probably get a win. :)