Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Barack.............My President!



There are few words known to my existence that can describe the emotions in me right now. Proud is an under-statement to what I feel to be considered a Black Man in America. Barack Obama you have done so so so so so so much to uplift us a people, as a country, and now the world. There is nothing in this world known to man that I cannot accomplish thanks to you. And not just me, you give me enough hope to believe in my peers, my block, my borough, my city. You give new meaning to being an American. It’s a weird feeling that I'm starting to sense now, I think it may be some pride for my country and its new leader.

I definitely sense some new feelings inside of me. Ya see (....Barack voice!) I definitely believe November 4th 2008 marked a day for change. And it came in the 11th hour, right before a new day was upon us. My name is still Taurean, but you aint never seen this Taurean. And I feel the same way about others too, because I know they believed in Barack the same way I believed in him. So when I hit up my boys, I'll know it’s them because they'll respond to their name, but I know I won't be speaking to the same guys. I expect my sister Tempestt to shock me with her new self. I expect my lil brother, who just got caught for smoking weed at 15 to understand that he has the potential to be the biggest tree in the forest and that weed was just too beneath him. I expect my peers and I to take Hip Hop to heights unimagined by any of us. I expect guys like Mickey and Theophilus to kill shit, because they were dope as fuck before so imagine them now.

I expect a lot out of us because Barack showed us that we can do it. You decide whatever “it” may be. There are so many times when we are taught or told to appreciate times of sacrifices or to search for strength in the light of a dark and negative situation, but this time is different. We get to draw hope and courage from the hopeful and courageous. When I think of Barack, I get excited because I know the world is the playground and we can play in whatever part we want.

And to those who are looking for the quick fix. The more ignorant, not hopeful, I only pray that one day you see more of yourself as worth more than what your mind permits. But as we continue, there will be little that we have in common. No need will be the thesis.....enough is said.

Barack, I thank you again. My people, I look forward to meeting you all again. Let's continue to make history.........

No comments: