Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Pianist........



wrote this while watching the beginnings of The Pianist.....

My heart romps with fear of love. For to love anyone during this wretched time is God awful. You asked a man in a wheelchair to stand and when he didn't you tossed him out of a window. Told his family to run off and then you shot them down with your machine guns. I watched a man attempt to rob a woman of her food. In the tussle it fell to the floor....he jumped to the ground and began eating it from the pavement. She wept and beat him with what lil energy she had left from the tussling. We walk over dead bodies in the street on a daily basis. And with this all we still try to keep our hopes and spirits. Some of us even have plans on getting out, if there ever really is a getting out. I watched them go from building to building until they finally came to mine. They killed one woman that night. She asked him where were they taking us……

We are all set out awaiting in the hot sun.....for what, we do not know. But a woman did carry her dead son around who died of dehydration. After some time her cries became annoying to some. We're as used to pain and death as this sun. For breakfast and lunch and hopefully not dinner we eat a piece of sliced caramel. Today the train came. They forced them into cattle-like cars. I did not experience this; I only witnessed it, as I did not get on the train. I went back to town only to find everyone left was slaughtered. I was chosen to be a part of the militia. Have you ever watched the lives of souls being taken one by one and wonder what does the next guy feel, or what about the last guy who gets to wait for the reload. I am free, yet we are at war.......

No comments: