Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Poppy No Snitch............


Its funny.....I was watching an old episode of Def Comedy Jam and this comedian came on. He was clearly from the hood, and I mean that in the most positive way. He was tall with this deep distinct voice and funny as hell. Funny to the point that I wanted to know more about this dude. This man had talent! So as he concedes his performance the screen freezes and it says RIP Rasheed. It blew me away, because it was so unexpected. Here was I, eager about finding this guy because he had such a raw talent, only to find out he passed last year. I was speechless!

So I go look him up and I realize that I do know this guy. I had seen his Bad Boys of Comedy performance. "Poppy no snitch" was unforgettable. I don't know how I couldn't put 2 and 2 together. My boys and I have recited Rasheed's jokes countless times. Its sad to see one of our raw talents leave us so soon. Rasheed was 36 years young and he died from a heart-attack. Fellas we gotta protect our health. Shit we all, male and female need to go see the doc on the regular.

Click on the pics to view more info and videos of Rasheed. You are missed brother!




No comments: