Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Melo-X.......Da God....



I sit in this Saturday brunch hour appreciating life as art in the form of music, as it is performed through the soul of a Melo-X. Melo is one of the illest artist around. His lyrics are b-boy poetic. His swag is generation pop-art. His dress is melo squared. The scene is cough medicine ill. I'm just happy to be here ya know.......

He puts me in a place where I know good music exists. There are no worries or concerns. I'm able to let my guard down. I enter Melo's world as if I belong.....he is that inviting. As I enter I am greeted with an energy that suggest this isn't our first meeting, so I guess......it’s nice to meet ya. I am excited and relieved. I sit down and open just my ears. My literal vision is darkness, but I see Melo on a stage and this is my first time seeing him perform. The ambience is Brooklyn-Hard, so being from The Bronx I am appreciative. I smoked before I got here, but I have a clip left. I pull out the napkin that the clip is wrapped in and join the night's cipher. Melo's crowd is more like a union of dope emcees who don't rap. We each hold our own stage. And might I add the only race that matters here is Hip Hop........all colors and sizes, but one Hip Hop.

Melo blasts off with joints recreating vibes of yester-year. His samples are artfully picked and fit right into the perfect groove. Groove is a great word for Melo, as it hints at a classic stint in time, yet the delivery is right on point. It's like being at a dope house party and the DJ is rocking the whole night. Shit.....he even stops the music for a sec because dude keeps bumping the table.

Melo-X is a front-runner in our generation's elite. Not bound by boundaries, Melo dives into the pool of life reciting his own lyrics.....literally. The average sees the beard and thinks Philly. Others see a path, not walked by many. They see an artist who creates movement through music and vision, and they fuck with it. It's apparent he's authentic and they feel the same......shit we feel the same. I fucks with it Melo. I know a place too, and it's where we're at today and where we're going tomorrow. And we don't have to worry.......Melo is conducting this. Let's hop into the Renaissance.

Question the vultures who only read titles and headlines, and then write their own articles. Fuck with those who molest your soul in a positive way. Take their gems and wear em across your heart. Love thy neighbor in a pair of Adidas. Capture moments of those who put spin on life and force you to move. Society suggests looks, the ill create them. Melo is sick........There is no treatment. He creates his own medicine. Fortunate for we, he shares with us.

Shares with us........Melo-X...

Melo-X's imeem page

No comments: